Our Lanarkshire Houses service feels more like individual
The service is based on two sites, with seven houses in
Carluke with a mix of 12 male and female residents and three houses
in Lanark with four residents. The residents are of a varied age
range and have a mix of impairments.
What can we offer
- Some of the houses have single occupancy and some are
- houses are decorated to the individual's choice
- Residents also have choice in all aspects of their care
- staffing ratio normally 2:1
- very well trained, consistent staff team supporting residents
in their day to day needs
- people have the option of having time to themselves or visiting
their friends and neighbours
- service also taps into a joint learning disability team,
district nurses and local GPs.
Service users are at the centre of the service and are
involved in recruitment, staff induction appraisals where
appropriate. There is a monthly users group and an opportunity to
be involved in other focus groups within the community.
The Carluke and Lanark services are set in their local
communities with easy access to local amenities and shops. There
are a range of accessible facilities in Carluke, Lanark and
surrounding areas for disabled people of all ages.
If you are interested and would like to more please contact
Service Manager, Karen Graham on Tel. 01555 751239 or email Karen.Graham@capability-scotland.org.uk