Skip to main content


Capability Scotland aims to provide a high quality service to all our customers. We recognise that there may be times when we fail to meet the high standards we and others expect of us.

We welcome both comments and complaints about our services, as this gives us the opportunity to learn and improve. We define a complaint as "an expression of dissatisfaction about Capability Scotland's action or lack of action, or about the standard of service provided by us".

How Do I Complain?

You can complain in a number of ways:

  • Speak to a member of staff or the manager of the service - often complaints can be resolved quickly with an immediate explanation, a change in practice or an apology
  • Fill in a complaints form - this can be completed online by clicking the link below or by downloading the form on the right called "Make a Complaint".  A different format can be made available, if that is easier, by contacting our Complaints Officer.
  • Contact our Complaints Officer Kate Lock at:

Tel: 0131 347 1072

Textphone: 0131 346 2529,


Or in writing to: Complaints Officer, Osborne House, 1 Osborne Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 5HG

What Happens Once I Have Made A Complaint?

If you complain, the people providing you with the service will try to sort out any problems as quickly as possible. They may either speak to you or write to you once they have looked into things. We call this 'frontline resolution'. If you are not happy with this approach, or it fails to sort things out, then you can ask for a formal investigation of your complaint. This takes 20 working days and always results in a written response to you.

For more information you can download our Quick Guide To Our Complaints Procedure.

What Can I Do If I Am Still Not Satisfied?

If you are still unhappy with the outcome of your complaint investigation, you can contact the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (SPSO).  You can also contact the regulator of the service that you have complained about, for example the Care Inspectorate, or to your local Council.  We will tell you about these options at the end of the investigation.

Click the link here to complete the online Make a Complaint form or download the Word Version opposite