Work for us
Capability Scotland's greatest asset is its people. Join us.
We offer challenging and rewarding jobs where you can make a
real difference to the lives of people who live with a disability
and attain a better understanding of the challenges that they
Although we predominately offer careers in care and community
support services; other opportunities are available in:
- Policy development,
- Communications & Marketing
- Teaching, to name but a few!
We look forward to meeting people from a diverse background and
value life experience as well as appropriate qualifications for our
We believe it is crucial that staff are given training which
supports their development within their current role and will help
them to progress their careers even further, therefore we offer a
Two Ticks Policy
Capability Scotland is a member of the two tick positive about
disabled people policy which commits to employ, keep and develop
the abilities of its disabled staff.
There are five commitments, these are:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum
criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their
- To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least
once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled
employees can develop and use their abilities.
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make
sure they stay in employment.
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the
appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these
- To review these commitments each year and assess what has been
achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and
Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans.
If you have any questions about this please contact Calummurdo